How To Register And Obtain Nigerian Passport Online
If you live in Nigeria and are a citizen, you should not have any reason to pay an agent to get your Nigerian passport processed, whether it’s an entirely new one or a renewal. This is because the Nigerian Immigration Services has provided an easy-to-use and efficient online registration platform that will save you from the struggles and extortions that used to be the order of the day.
Now that you are on this page, we will show you how you can register and obtain your new Nigerian passport by yourself.
Some Nigerians are departing to study overseas, pursue a new work, or begin a new life. The bottom line is that if
you want to join the bandwagon, you must have your passport. Without a passport, you cannot apply for international jobs, send school applications, or make any form of relocation plans.
It is used as a proper identity and travel document for visa applications, border crossings, and other official activities associated with overseas relocations.
How To Apply For Nigerian Passport Online
Follow these simple steps to register online:
- Navigate to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) passport application portal.
- The procedure takes you through several steps, beginning with obtaining information on your passport type and ending with obtaining information about your next of kin.
- You will be asked to select a processing state and office; be sure to select the place closest to you to alleviate any transportation stress.
- Fill in your selected booklet type and validity period as well.
- Pay close care when entering your contact information and that of your next of kin to prevent making mistakes during the registration process.
- The relevant pricing will be listed on the page depending on the type of passport and booklet you desire.
- Select your payment option and wait for it to be confirmed.
- You should receive an appointment date at the end of your registration. Make a copy of the slip with your appointment date on it.
- Show up at the passport office (assigned to you) on your appointment day to get your photograph taken.
How Can I Obtain A Nigerian Passport?
When you decide to get a Nigerian passport, you can either go through an agent or register online. Most people
make the claim that they are available to visit the immigration office or see an agent who can assist them.
However, there is a better way; you can apply for your passport online. As long as you have all of the necessary documentation, the process is simple. However, there are a few things you should know before registering online:
- Do you require a child’s passport? Is it better to have a regular passport or an official passport? It is critical to understand because prices vary and you require that information.
- Choose whether to replace or rent your passport.
- People update their passports because they have lost or damaged them and need a new one. However, if you are renewing your passport, that indicates you already have one but it is about to expire.
- Find out how long the passport you’re applying for will be valid.
- If you are an adult, you can keep your Nigerian passport for ten years before having to renew it, however children under the age of 18 can keep their passport for five years.
- Keep in mind that you must make an appointment.
- Even if you register online, you must attend the immigration office on a specific day and time to have your photograph taken.