Pet Insurance Companies
Purely enjoyable. only love. That paw to the face in the morning. We adore our pets because of this.
It’s also the reason we want to be able to look after kids no matter what.
Here is our full guide on everything you need to know for insuring your pet with one of the finest pet insurance providers because we are both pet lovers and insurance enthusiasts.
Finding the Best Pet Insurance For Your Pet
It’s challenging when our animals are hurt, ill, or growing older. But now is our moment to give our dogs the same consolation and love that they have consistently given us.
A reliable strategy for preparing our dogs and our hearts for difficult times is pet insurance. And in order to obtain the finest coverage at the best price, it’s crucial to select the correct policy from the top pet insurance provider.
This list of the top 10 suppliers is the result of thorough study. Let’s examine them in more detail, what they each have to offer, and how they compare to the others in the market.
The Best Pet Insurance Plans
- Paw Protect – Best for Paying Covered Vet Bills Instantly
- Embrace – Best for Superior Benefits
- Spot – Best for Annual Coverage Choices
- ManyPets – Best Cost for Unlimited Annual Coverage
- Pumpkin – Great for Senior Cats and Dogs
- Figo – Great for Short Waiting Period for Accident Coverage
- Lemonade – Best Price for Kittens and Puppies
- Pets Best – Great for Choices of Deductible
- Trupanion – Best for Lowest Out-Of-Pocket Claims Costs
Top 10 Pet Insurance Companies
Since its launch of the Figo Pet Cloud technology platform in 2012, Figo has pioneered a unique approach to pet insurance. With it, you can manage your account and submit claims online.
A.M. Best has given the organization an outstanding A rating (underwriter: Markel American Insurance Company).
Actually, Figo offers coverage for a wide range of ailments and procedures, especially for a young insurance provider.
- Hip dysplasia, hereditary and congenital conditions are covered unless it is a pre-existing condition
- Alternative and holistic treatments are included
- Exam fees and some behavioral therapy are also covered
- Plans have a 100% reimbursement level and unlimited benefit options
- Mobile app for account maintenance
- Straightforward claims processing
- No upper age limits for both dogs and cat
With Figo, you manage your account online via a mobile app, contacting customer service, uploading documents, and more. It helps keep you organized when it comes to your pet care. Who doesn’t want that?
Petplan has been offering comprehensive pet insurance coverage with customizable plans since 2003.
- All plans cover illnesses, accidents, chronic and hereditary conditions
- Broadest plans offer extras including boarding fees and travel reimbursement in certain situations
- Covers vet exam fees
- 24/7 customer service
- Free online quote to compare plans
- Reimbursement levels up to 100%
- Some pre-existing conditions may be covered after an exclusionary period
- No maximum age limit for both cats and dogs
- Pricing slightly higher than industry average
The company has the best financial rating available, an A+ from A.M. Best (underwriters: a division of the Allianz Group).
The Humane Society of the United States also endorses this source of pet insurance.
That kind of trust you can rely on.
3. Embrace Pet Insurance
Since 2003, Embrace Pet Insurance has been exceeding expectations in the pet insurance industry by focusing on what they do best: a fast reimbursement process.
- Free 24/7 online access to a network of veterinarians
- Highly rated on most online customer reviews websites
- Non-traditional care or treatments are covered, including prosthetic limbs, behavioral therapy, and alternative treatments
- Fast claims processing— turnaround in a few days
- Broad range of deductible choices and reimbursement levels
- Wellness Rewards can be added to plan to cover routine care
- Does not offer unlimited coverage, with a $15,000 maximum benefit limit
The business has an exceptional A+ rating from A.M. Best (underwriter: American Modern Insurance Group) and an excellent A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
If you avoid filing any claims during the course of the policy, it offers an annual healthy pet deductible.
The cost can be a little bit higher than with other carriers.
Nationwide Pet Insurance offers one of the most comprehensive pet insurance plan in the marketplace today.
The company holds a superior financial A+ rating by A.M. Best and is a well-known and trusted household name in all states.
- Plans cover exotic animals and birds, in addition to cats and dogs
- Three different levels of coverage:
- Major Medical covers illness and accidents and some hereditary conditions
- Wellness covers accident and illness and wellness care
- Pet Wellness covers routine care
- Unlimited coverage offered on elite plans only
- Mobile app to pay bills and view your policies
- Free online quote
- Higher prices than national averages
This is the only pet insurance company on my top 10 list that offers expanded coverage for exotic animals and birds.
Its plans are more expensive but also offers the most comprehensive coverage available out there.
Since 2004, PetFirst has offered pet insurance plans with standard coverage and pricing.
Discounts are where this company excels, by helping their customers to save money while getting the best coverage for their customer’s pets.
- Plans cover illness and injuries but also hereditary, congenital and chronic conditions, and periodontal disease
- Accident coverage starts only 24 hours after enrollment
- Discounts offered are for multi-pet (more than one pet insured) and healthy pets (no claims filed for a year)
- No upper age limit for both dogs and cats
- Wellness plan coverage can be added
- No unlimited coverage on elite plan
- Elite plans are more expensive than competitor plans offering the same coverage
A.M. Best (American Alternative Insurance Corporation) has given Petfirst a distinguished A+ rating.
That is the best you can do.
Furthermore, although being more expensive than most, its elite plan covers a wide range of ailments, including periodontal disease, which is prevalent in several breeds.
6. Pets Best
Founded in 2005 by Dr. Jack Stephens, the “father” of the U.S. pet insurance industry, Pets Best offers not only standard coverage but also includes prescription medications and other non-traditional items in its policy.
- Three-tier of plans offering standard accident and illness coverage
- Prescription medications, exam fees, and alternative therapies are included
- No upper age limits for enrollment
- 24/7 pet helpline
- Fast online claims processing with a direct deposit option
- Unlimited top-tier plan
- Elite plan price is higher than the national average
The company has a solid financial rating by A.M. Best (American Pet Insurance Company) and holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Their top-tier plan price is more expensive than competitors, but the company will cover your senior pets without question.
That may be worth your look.
7. ASPCA Pet Insurance
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) is a non-profit organization that has been promoting animal welfare since 1866.
It offers multiple comprehensive pet insurance plans.
- Three Plans: Accident Only, Accident and Illness, and Complete Coverage
- Top-tier plan offers unlimited coverage option (Complete Coverage)
- Alternative treatments such as acupuncture or stem-cell therapy are only covered under Complete Coverage
- Wellness plans are available
- Continuing care endorsement is required to cover ongoing conditions requiring treatment in the upcoming year
The ASPCA is a well-known national nonprofit organization that’s mission is to prevent and stop cruelty towards animals.
If what they do is really important to you, then maybe that is why you choose this company.
If you do, keep in mind that the two basic plans are pretty basic.
For broader coverage, you have to go with the Complete Coverage plan.
PetPartners has more than 30 years of experience in the pet insurance industry and is the exclusive insurance provider of the American Kennel Club.
It was also selected by the Cat Fanciers’ Association Partners to provide pet insurance to its members.
- Plans: Accident Only and Accident and Illness
- Quick claims processing of 14 days on illnesses and 3 days for accidents
- Flexible deductible available
- Incident level and annual benefit limits are available
- No choice offered on reimbursement limit options: 80% on both plans
- Plans are pricier than more comprehensive plans offered by competitors
The company is accredited with Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has an A+ grade with the BBB as well.
However, its plans are more restrictive than competitors by not offering unlimited coverage nor any choice on reimbursement levels.
9. Progressive Pet Insurance
Progressive offers a variety of alternatives for pet owners and can cover dogs or cats over the age of seven weeks, despite the fact that coverage is insured by a third party. Customers receive a 5 percent discount from the company if they decide to purchase coverage right away after receiving a quote, and military personnel also receive a discount.
Customers can select from a variety of reimbursement alternatives for coverage of their vet expenses, covered illnesses, and injuries once they have met the deductible threshold.
- BestBenefit Accident and Illness Plan: This is one of the most popular options, and provides coverage for many dog and cat illnesses and injuries. This more comprehensive option encompasses emergency care, diagnostic tests, specialty visits, etc.
- Accident Only Plan: This more basic option offers coverage for accidents like broken bones, bite wounds and other common injuries. This is one of the less expensive options, but does not provide coverage for diagnostic testing or other preventive care or wellness services.
- Wellness Routine Care Plan: This policy is centered around coverage for preventive care including routine vet appointments, vaccinations, teeth cleaning and other services. This plan can also be added to the policies mentioned above, for more comprehensive coverage.
Overall, the accident and illness plans are very customizable, enabling pet parents to choose a deductible between $50 and $1,000, a reimbursement percentage between 70-90 percent and an annual limit from $5,000 to unlimited.
10. Healthy Paws
Healthy Paws is #1 in customer satisfaction and is a leader in the pet insurance industry.
It follows a customer-centric business model by offering incredible pricing and bountiful policies.
- No reimbursement caps on coverage on all policies
- Unlimited lifetime benefits on all policies
- Affordable monthly premiums
- Mobile app and fast online claims processing
- Free 30-day look period, 100% money-back guarantee
- 7-day customer care with expert and caring representatives
- Generous comprehensive coverage including illness and accidents, congenital and chronic conditions, surgeries,
- hospitalizations, and alternative therapies
- Covers hip dysplasia if your pet is enrolled after age 6
- Top financial strength ratings year after year
- Pre-existing conditions are excluded from coverage
You can’t go wrong with this Washington-based pet insurance company with its strong financial ratings and underwriting from the reputable Chubb Corporation, as they have your best interests and the interests of your dogs and you in mind.