You might need to use an ATM to load money onto your Cash App card in some circumstances. Unfortunately, using an ATM is not an option. ATMs can be used to withdraw money from your Cash App account but not to directly deposit money into your Cash App Cash Card.
Therefore, stores like Walmart, 7-Eleven, and Walgreens could be used if you have physical cash and want to load it onto your Cash App Cash Card. Transferring money from a linked bank account to your Cash App is another typical alternative.
I’ll walk you through the different ways you can top off your Cash App Cash Card in this guide, including in-store purchases and bank account connections. Both iPhone and Android smartphones are supported by the techniques outlined in this article.
Can I Put Money on My Cash Card at an ATM?
No, you cannot use an ATM to load cash onto your Cash App Cash Card. There are other ways to fund your Cash App account card, though.
One choice is to deposit money at a retailer who uses this service, but each transaction has a flat-rate $1.00 cost. The best way to avoid these fees is to link your bank account or credit card and make a transfer.
While you cannot add funds to your Cash Card at an ATM, you can withdraw cash with your Cash Card from one that is nearby.
How to Put Money on Cash App Card at ATM
I’ll walk you through the steps in this section to load money onto your Cash App card at an ATM. You cannot top off your card at an ATM, as I previously explained, because Cash App does not yet support this. So, take into account these alternate ways to load cash into your Cash App card at the ATM.
1. Deposit Paper Money on Cash App Card
You can deposit paper money on your Cash App balance. This is an alternative to ATM deposits, especially when you are near a participating retailer.
Follow these steps
- Open your Cash App and tap on the Banking tab.
- Select Paper Money and use the map to find a deposit location near you. You can also use the search bar to enter a specific address.
- Once you’re at the store, inform the cashier that you put money on Cash App using your barcode. If they’re unfamiliar with the process, you can show them the instructions available in your app.
- After they scan the barcode from your Cash App, hand over the cash amount you want to deposit. The money will then be automatically added to your Cash App balance.
Keep the receipt for your records, please.
Several stores, including Walmart, Walgreens, 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, Speedway, and many others, accept deposits made with paper money. A thorough list is available in your Cash App.
Each paper money deposit made using Cash App will incur a $1 processing fee. Within a rolling 7-day period, you may deposit up to $1,000, and within a rolling 30-day period, up to $4,000 maximum.
*Each transaction should cost no more than $5 and no more than $500.
- Some merchants might ask you to swipe your Cash Card. However, for the deposit to work, tell the cashier to scan the barcode in your app.
- Some stores require ID verification.
2. Link a Bank and Put Money
Since you can’t put money on Cash App card at ATM, consider adding a bank account to Cash App, then load money to your Cash App balance. However, you need to first add a debit card on Cash App to have the option of adding a bank account.
1. Link Your Bank Account to Cash App
- Locate the Cash App Icon on your mobile device. It is the white dollar sign set against a green backdrop.
- Tap on the Cash App icon to open it.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, you’ll find the profile icon. Tap on it.
- Scroll down a bit and tap Linked Banks option right under the “Personal” section.
- If you’ve previously linked banks or cards, they’ll be displayed under the “Accounts” section. If not, or if you want to add another, tap on Link Bank. Sometimes, you might see “Link Credit Card” instead.
- Tap Continue. Cash App collaborates with “Plaid” to securely link your bank account.
- Select your bank. A list of popular banks will be displayed. If you don’t see yours, use the search bar.
- Once you find your bank, tap it, and you’ll be redirected to your bank’s login page.
- Log in to your bank account using the credentials associated with your online banking – this could be an email address, username, and password.
- For security reasons, you might be asked for a verification code. Choose whether you’d like to receive this code via SMS (Text) or email. Once received, input the code and tap “Submit”.
- If you have multiple accounts like Checking and Savings, pick the one you’d like to link. Once done, you’ll get a confirmation message “Bank account was successfully linked”. With this, you’re all set to transfer funds to your Cash Card.
2. Transfer Money from Your Bank to Cash App Card
- Open Cash App and look for the Banking tab, represented by either a $ symbol or a bank icon situated at the screen’s bottom.
- Go to the Banking Tab. If you’ve already set up your bank with Cash App and wish to transfer money, this is your starting point. If you have physical cash, consider depositing it at an ATM first, then transferring it to your Cash Card via the app.
- Tap on Add Cash, which you’ll find beneath your current cash balance.
- You can choose your amount from the preset amounts or tap on the three dots (•••) to enter a specific amount.
- Tap the green Add button.
The funds will be instantly moved from your linked bank or card to your Cash Card balance. That way you add cash to Cash App card without the ATM.
3. Add Cash with Bitcoin
If you are a crypto enthusiast, you should consider adding cash to Cash App card using BTC. Follow these simple steps.
Send Bitcoin via Cash App
- Open the Cash App and navigate to the payment pad.
- Switch from USD to BTC by tapping on the USD toggle.
- Enter an amount (minimum of $1) and tap on ‘Pay’.
- Input the recipient’s $Cashtag, phone number, or email.
- Confirm the transaction. This is known as a peer-to-peer (P2P) transaction.
Use Lightning or Blockchain to Send Bitcoin:
- Go to the ‘Money’ tab on the Cash App home screen.
- Select the ‘Bitcoin’ tile.
- Tap on the ‘Airplane’ button and choose ‘Send Bitcoin’.
- Enter the desired amount and the recipient’s $Cashtag or BTC address.
- Tap ‘Next’, choose a transaction speed, and then tap ‘Confirm & Send’
- You can receive Bitcoin from any wallet using the blockchain.
- The minimum transaction to a $Cashtag is 0.00001 BTC or 1,000 Satoshis.
Sending Bitcoin has certain limits. View your weekly and monthly limits in the app by tapping on the ‘Profile’ icon and then ‘Limits’.
Can You Put a Cash App Card in Any ATM?
Yes, you can put a Cash App card in any ATM. Unfortunately, you can only withdraw cash on your Cash App card rather than deposit if you use the ATM.
- ATM Fees on Cash Card. Cash App
- Paper Money Deposit. Cash App
- How to Find an ATM Near You. Cash App
- Bitcoin. Cash App
What ATM Can I Deposit Cash on Cash App Card?
Unfortunately, there isn’t an ATM nearby where you can currently load money onto your Cash App card. To withdraw money from your Cash App card, you can only do it at ATMs. For ATM withdrawals, Cash App charges $2.50, and individual ATMs may impose additional fees.
You get free withdrawals from certain ATMs if you receive $300 or more as a paycheck through Cash App each month.
To use your Cash App Cash Card to make an ATM withdrawal, just follow these steps:
- Find any nearby ATM. Remember, using the Cash App card at an ATM comes with a fee of $2.50.
- Slide your Cash Card into the ATM. Ensure it’s placed correctly.
- Key in your Cash Card PIN. This is identical to your Cash App PIN. If you forget it, there’s an option to reset it.
- Look for the ‘Get cash’ option on the ATM screen. The exact wording might vary based on the ATM. It’s the choice that lets you take out money.
- The ATM might ask if you’re withdrawing from a Checking or Savings account. Your Cash Card is linked to just one account, so either option works. Decide on the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Some ATMs might have their own separate charges. This is in addition to the Cash App’s fee. So, be ready for potential extra costs. Confirm the transaction.
5. Once the transaction is approved, collect your cash. You’ll get a notification in your Cash App detailing the amount you took out.